Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The second Febrile Seizure

After the first episode of the Febrile Seizure he had another one in the month of April 2008.
This one also happened very suddenly. He was not sick, no fever, not even a cold. We went to bed as usual on the 7th night, and all through the night I felt feverish, and had body ache.
I had no clue that Aadi was also feverish, and was making 'aah' sounds as he tried to sleep. I was overcome by the agony of my own fever.
We woke up around 6:30 AM and saw that Aadi was very hot and did not look well at all, I knew the fever was high, so I rushed to the kitchen to get the suppository from the fridge, while I was on my way back, Amol asked me to hurry up as Aadi was having a seizure. As I ran into the room, I saw the same repetition of the previous episode, only this time around the major difference was that he did NOT turn blue.
I administered the suppository and within minutes the fever was down.

We decided to take him to Pantai none the less to see Dr. Azam.

After the suppository, the fever never came back, and Aadi was playing around as though nothing had happened. He was not sick at all.

At Dr. Azam's clinic also he was playful, and chatted with the doctor. Again Dr. Azam asked us to be watchful for the next 24 hours, as the fever may return and thus a seizure could happen again.

Thank fully though the fever dd not show up.

But my fever turned out to be a viral one and I was stuck to the bed for a few days.

1 comment:

  1. I remember this since it was the first time I was experiencing the horror which you experience the 1st time, but because of your knowledge on the suppository we avoided a fatal accident.

    ReplyDelete

Do drop in a line if you have a question to ask or share your experiences.